September 16, 2009

Fajita's and Family Fun



























My BBQ assistant and sister-in-law Taryn showing off the grilled treats






















A couple of weeks ago some of the family gathered to have dinner and try out a few marinades I'd whipped up. I decided fajitas would be a good way to test the various flavorings. I purchased boneless skinless chicken thighs and flank steak to use for the meat. The beef was marinated in a Mexican pesto, and I divided the thighs marinating half with jerk paste and the rest in an intense citrus marinade called a recado. The recipes for the different marinades can be found in previous blog posts. Needless to say it was a great evening of food and fun with the family. The memories created by sharing good food last a lifetime. So get outside, fire up your grill, and spend some time with those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment